Call for Community Public Service Announcements
PalacioMagazine.com is offering its website platform and Facebook page free to any Long Beach-based nonprofit organization or government agency for Public Service Announcements (PSA). The public service announcements can be utilized to promote services, programs or an event. Each submitted PSA will run for a minimum of one week. This offer is available to organizations that particularly serve Latino and people of color Communities.
Creating Public Service Announcements
A public service announcement (PSA) or public service ad, are messages in the public interest disseminated by the media without charge, with the objective of raising awareness, changing public attitudes and behavior towards a social issue.- Wikipedia
Here’s some great tips for creating public service announcements from the Center for Digital Education. While most of their tips apply to television public service announcements, they can also be applied to text and audio PSAs as well.
- Choose your topic. Pick a subject that is important to you, as well as one you can visualize. Keep your focus narrow and to the point. More than one idea confuses your audience, so have one main idea per PSA.
- Time for some research – you need to know your stuff! Try to get the most current and up to date facts on your topic. Statistics and references can add to a PSA. You want to be convincing and accurate.
- Consider your audience. Are you targeting parents, teens, teachers or some other social group? Consider your target audience’s needs, preferences, as well as the things that might turn them off. They are the ones you want to rally to action. The action suggested by the PSA can be almost anything. It can be spelled out or implied in your PSA, just make sure that message is clear.
Formats for Public Service Announcements
- Text- This can take the form of a News Release of up to 300 to 350 words to include specific information, RSVP links and contact information. We encourage you to provide hi-resolution graphics or photos with the text
- Banner Ads- You must provide the banner artwork. The dimensions for acceptable banners are
Header Banner 728×90
Sidebar Banner 300×250
- Audio Interviews- We will conduct audio interviews (in person or via phone) with nonprofit organizations about their Public Service Announcements. The interview will be three minutes or less. If you are promoting an event, you must contact PalacioMagazine.com a minimum of four weeks prior to the planned date. We plan to develop a audio podcast built around the concept of nonprofit promotion of their services and programs. More on that later.
PalacioMagazine.com is also planning on developing a program for video public service announcements in the near future.
In order to take advantage of these opportunities for public service announcements, please complete the following contact form. Describe your organization and the specific services, programs or event you want to promote. We will follow-up with you.